Seasonal presence of the two species of white flies Acaudaleyrodes ra-chipora ( Singh ) and Aleurolobus marlatti (QUAN) (Hemip-tera:Aleurodidae)on the christ-thorn Zizyphus spina Christi.
Journal of Kerbala for Agricultural Sciences,
2018, Volume 5, Issue 5, Pages 311-318
AbstractThis study was conducted in the Baghdad university/ college of Agriculture in Al –Jadriya district to determined the population density and infection percentage of the two species of white flies Acaudaleyrodes rachipora (Singh.) and Aleurolobus marlatti( QUAN.) on the Christ-thorn plant during 4/1/2017 to5/5/2017.
Results showed that the highest infection for the white fly A. rachipora was 58.88% in the begining of January, while the lowest infection was 24.88% in the late April.Whereas no significant differences were observed among the three levels( top ,middle and lower ) was 36.63% ,39.03% and 41.13% respectively. The highest average of the population density was 5 Nymph/leaf which occurred in the first of January,in the middle part of the plant ,while the top and lower part of the plant, reached 3 and 2 N/L respectively.In the frist of May reduced average to1 N / L .
For Whitefly A. marlatti,The highest infection was 65.66 and 72.33 % in the mid of January and February respectively.While,the lowest infection occurred in the first ofApril and May, was 30.88 and 34.44% respectively.The highest average of population density was reached 6 n /l in the top and middle part of the plant.
The above results revealed that the pests were found in large number as anymphal stage , on the leaves of plant,in the begining of January, then they complete its life cycle,when the suitable environmental condition was offered .
- Al-Ali, A. m. and Abd-ulla ,S. A. (1984) The principles of practical in Ecology insect. Univ.of Mosul press.188 pp.
- Abdulkader, A. A.(2012 )Feeding preference of white fly Insect Acaudaleyrodes rachipora (Sinph) (Hemiptera,Aleyrodidae)on some Variaties of Jujube plant and Evaluation of four Insecticide of its control.Journal of Univ. of Thi-Qar Scientific .(1-19).
- Al-Khalidy, A. N.; I. J.Al-Jboory and R. F. Al-Jassany (2004)Feeding preference of yollow scale insectAonidiell orientalisa (west) (Homoptera :Diaspididae) on Variaties of citrus . Iraq Academic Scientific .9( 1). 55-61.
- Al-Malo, I. M.(1988)Taxonomic studies on white flies(Homoptera: Aleyrodidae) in the middle of Iraq . A Thesis Submitted , Plant protection -Master Degree. Agriculture College, University of Baghdad.77PP.
- Al-Mayihy, A. A.; T. Y. Al-Aydinee.(1992) Study of morphology for genus ziziphus mill in Iraq. Basrah Journal of Agricultural Sciences .5 (1).133-149.
- Al-Nadawi, F. A.(2014) Survey and Identification of Whiteflies with Studying the Biological and Bionomical Aspects of the Dominat Species Aleurolobus marlatti (Quaintance) (Hemiptera: Aleurodidae) on Christ-thorn in Mid-Iraq. A Thesis Submitted , Plant Protection-Degree of Doctor Philosophy-Agriculture College, University of Baghdad.108PP.
- Al-Nadawi, F. A. and H. K. Al-Zubaidy. (2014) The preliminary survey of black flyAleurolobus marlatti (Quan.) (Aleyrodidae: Hemiptera) on Ziziphus spaina christiin Iraq. M. J. S. 25( 4).
- Al-Rawi, A. and Chakravarty, H. L. (1988) Medicinal plant of Iraq .2nd ed. Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation Baghdad .Iraq.354pp.
- Al-Shamary, F. (2013) The project of the million of Christ-thorn. National opinion Kuwait .pp5.
- Gerling, D. (1990) Whiteflies their bionics ,pest status and management . Intercept, publisher Ltd 916 ,Hants, U. K. 350pp.
- Martin, J. H. (1987) An identification guide to common whitefly species of the world (Homoptera: Aleyrodidae). Trop. pest manage.33(4):298-322.
- Martin, J. H.; D. Mifsud and C. Rapisarda .(2000) The whiteflies (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) of Europe and the Mediterranean Basin. Bulletin of Entomological Research, 90 (5): 407-448
- Jabbar, A. S. (1996) Life studies of the fruit fly of Christ-thorn In Basrah. A Thesis . College of Science. University. of Basrah.Iraq.165 pp.
- Jarjees, S. J.; H. K. Abeeas; M. A. Mohammad. (2000)THE field crops insects. The National library for printing and publishing .University of Mousal.331PP
- Pareek, O. P. (2001) Ber.International Centre for underutilized Crops. southampton, UK . 292pp.
- SAS. (2012) Statistical Analysis System, User's Guide. Statistical. Version 9.1th ed. SAS. Inst. Inc. Cary. N.C. USA.
- Article View: 10
- PDF Download: 80