Effect of addition of Humic acid and seaweed extract and foliar application in some characteristics on fruit growth of olive ( Olea europaea L.) c.v Bashiqa
Journal of Kerbala for Agricultural Sciences,
2018, Volume 5, Issue 5, Pages 276-288
AbstractThe experiment was conducted in accordance with randomized complete design C. R. D in the private orchard in Fadhiliya village / Bashiqa district, Naynwa governorate during the growing season of 2012, to study the effect of treatment of olive trees Olea europaea L. by different concentrations of Humus and extract seaweed, which included experience using Humus addition three levels 0, 4 and 8 ml.L-1 and seaweed extract(Seaforcel) three levels 0, 4 and 8 ml.L-1 sprayed trees until all the moisture from seaweed extract three times during the growing season, first in 18/ 3 and 18/4 in the second and third in the 18/5/2012. All measurements were taken at mid-October 2012.
Results showed superiority concentration 8m.L-1 Humus addition treatment gave increscent in fruit weight, length, flesh weight and N concentration. The effect of the interaction has exceeded the treatment of interaction between 8 ml. L-1Humus and 8 ml. L-1 seaweed extract in both the fruit weight and % of total nitrogen, while the treatment of the mixture was 4 ml. L-1Humus and 8 ml. L-1. A seaweed extract in the fruit-length ratio, while the interaction treatment exceeded 8 ml. L-1. Humus and 0 ml. L-1 seaweed extract in the average of flesh weight of fruits and excelled the treatment of interaction 8 ml. L-1 Humus and 4 ml. L-1 extract of seaweed in both of % oil in fruits and % of total protein.
- A.O.A.C. (1970 (Offical method of analysis 11Th Ed. washington, D.C.assosiation of the official analytical chemistry.101.
- Ali, A., Fleih, S., Idan, R., & Aziz, H. (2017) Response of olive seedlings for treatment with licorice and yeast extract. Journal Of Kerbala For Agricultural Sciences, 4(4), 56-68.
- Al-Hamdani, M. H. S. (2004) The effect of iron and sulfuric acid in the growth and mineral content of some nutrients for seedlings of three varieties of olives. Master degree, Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry. University of Mosul.
- Al-Katib, Y. M.(2000) Classification of seed plants. Second Edition. Dar Al-Kitab Printing Press. University of Mosul, Mosul, Iraq. P.584.
- Al-Tahafi , S. A.,; A.H. H.A. Habib and N. H. Adab .2015. Response of the growth and yield of capricorn plant (Hibiscus sabdariffa L.) To add the Clean Salt and Humic Aljohara fertilizer in high saline soils, Kufa Agricultural Sciences. 7 (1): 73-93.
- Altememe, Z., Ali, A., Shareef, M., & Kadhim, A. (2017). The physiological study of the Effect of Foliar Spray of Humic Acid and Compound Fertilizers N.P.K on Some Chemical Characteristics of Date Palm cultivar Maktoom in the city of Karbala.. Journal Of Kerbala For Agricultural Sciences, 4(1), 1-13.
- Al-Tememe, Z. 'A. M.; Sharif S.G. and Al-Hamdani, M.H.S.( 2015) The effect of foliar application with gebrilic acid and seaweed extract in some of the physiological characteristics of olive seedlings( Olea europaea L. )V. Khudairi University of Karbala Scientific 13 (3) 51-59.
- Black, C. A. (1965) Diagnosis and Improvement of Saline and Alkali Soils U. S. A. Hand book No.60.
- Central Organization for Statistics and Information Technology (2010) Ministry of Planning and Development Cooperation. Production Report of Summer Fruit Trees. Baghdad. Iraq.
- Chouliaras,V.;M.Tasioula,;C.Chatzissawidis,;I.T.andTsabolatidou,;E.(2009)The effects of a seaweed extract in addition to nitrogen and boron fertilization on productivity ,fruit maturation, leaf nutritional status and oil quality of the Olive Cultivar Koroneiki. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 89 :984-988.
- Dalali, B. K. and al-Hakim, S. H.(1987) Food analysis, University of Baghdad - Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Daoud, M. D.(1979) Classification of forest trees. Dar Al-Kitab Printing Press. University of Mosul, Mosul, Iraq. P. 429 ( published in Arabic).
- Duraish, M. , Makhoul, S.G.Q. M. Abdeen,; and Abu Assaf, H.(2010) Comparison of productivity and quality specifications of the olive varieties in the organic and traditional farming system. Scientific symposium on the reality of olive cultivation in Syria from 20-21 / 12/2010.
- Erez, A. (2000). Temperate Fruit Crops in Warm climates. kluwer Acad. Pub., Netherlands.
- F.A.O.Food and Agriculture Organization .(2012). Production year Book, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nation , Rome, Italy.
- Fathy, M. A. , . Gaber ,M. A. and . El shall ,S. A.(2010)Effect of humic acid treatment on canino apricot growth , yield and Fruite Quality.New York science journal.3(12)109-115.
- Jensen, E. (2004). Seaweed fact or fancy from the organic broadcaster, Published by moses. Education. Broadcaster; 12 (3).The Midwest Organic and Sustainable.
- Nawaf, M. F. and Yara K. M.(2006) Response of two year old tree of four Olive cultivars to fertilization. American –erasion J. Agric. & Environ Sci., 1(3): 185 – 190.
- Spinelli, F., Fiori ,G., noferini M., Sprocatti ,M. and Costa, G.(2009) Perspectives on the use of a seaweed extract to moderate the negative effects of alternate bearing in apple trees. J.of Hort.Sci. & Biotech. Special Issue 131-137.
- Yousef,A. R.M. H. , Emam, S. and Saleh, M. M.(2011)Olive seedlings growth as affected by humic and amino acids, macro and trace elements applications. Agriculture and Biology Journal of North America Issn Print:2151-7517.
- Article View: 14
- PDF Download: 10