A study of the parasitoid soft scale insect ( Exaeretopus tritici (Williams)(Coccidae: Homoptera) infecting wheat( Choreia maculate)
Journal of Kerbala for Agricultural Sciences,
2018, Volume 5, Issue 5, Pages 265-275
AbstractThis study was conducted on gregarious endoparasitic Choreia maculate (Order: Hymenoptera) which was parasites on the adult females of soft scale insects Exaeretopus tritici (Williams) which was attacked the wheat crop. The average percentage of the parasite and un parasite females reached 83.99 and 61.01 %, the adults had succeeded and they secreted a cotton egg sac and deposited a few number of eggs with an average of 11.2 egg and the average percentage of the hatching eggs was 8.6 % compared to parasite females, which normally deposited a large number of eggs with an average of 402.6 egg, The highest percentage of the hatching eggs was 83.8 % on the one hand، on the other hand، a large number of the un parasite females was 657 female which secreted a cotton egg sac and left their host plant toward the soil surface، searching for cracks or any shelter for eggs deposition in a cotton egg sac at soil depth ranged between (0-5) cm، with an average of 26 egg and the average percentage of the hatching eggs was 13 %, compared with the females which were found in the soil depth ranged between (20-25) cm with an average of 5 females. M-2 which deposited a few number of eggs reached 2 eggs. Female-1، the lowest percentage of egg hatching, reached 2%.
- Abdulla, S. I. (1996) Studies on the soft scale insect Exaeretopus tritici (Williams) (Coccidae: Homoptera) infecting wheat and barley in Ninevah Province, Iraq. Ph.D. Thesis, College of Agriculture and Forestry, University of Mosul.
- Abdulla, S. I. and Al-Zubaidy, H. K. (1996) Ecological studies on the soft scale insect Exaeretopus tritici (Williams) infecting wheat and barley in Ninevah Province. Mesopotamia Journal of Agriculture, 29 (4): 90-98.
- Al-Banna, A. R.; Abdullah S. I. and Jargees, S. J. (2013) Study the effects of mechanical treatments in limiting the distribution of Exaeretopus tritici (Williams) hn Wheat farms inNinevah Governorate. Mesopotamia Journal of Agriculture. 41 (supplement, 1}:145-151 .
- Anonymousm (2002) Statistical Analysis System User's Guide Version m15, Statistical Analysis System Institute, Cary Inc., North Carolina, USA.
- Chapman, R. F. (1978) The Insect, Structure And Function. Hadder and Stoughton. London.
- Dixom, A. F. G. ( 1973) Biology of Aphids. The Camelo Press Ltd.. London
- Habib, K. A, Al. ; Al-Jboory I. J. and Alnoamy, K. T. (1984) Non Insect Animal Pests And Their Control.
- Jabber, C. S. and Mahmoud, E. A. (1990) Field Crop Pests. Foundation of isolator education, Directorate Dar-Al-kut for Publishing, Mosul University, Mosul.
- Saad, A. H. and Amin, A. H. (1983) Economic Insects Of Northern Iraq. Directorate Dar-Al-kutib for Publishing, Mosul University, Mosul. 488 pp.
- Wakcl, Y. and Manable, Y. (1981) Fine structure of the sac glandhn scale insect Eriococcus lanngerstraemae(Homoptera:Eriococcidae). Applied Entomology Zoology. 16 (2): 94-102.
- Williams, J. R. and Williams, D. J. (1980) Excrete behavior in soft scale (Hemiptera: Coccidae) Bulletin Entomological Research, 70 (2):253- 257.
- Article View: 16
- PDF Download: 49