Effect of adding poultry manure and spraying organic acids on yield and some components of potato ( salanum tuberosuml.)
Journal of Kerbala for Agricultural Sciences,
2018, Volume 5, Issue 5, Pages 207-224
AbstractA field experiment was carried out in one of farms in Babylon distract Abi Garaq of a 10 am soil texture , to study the effect of organic fertilization application ( poultry wastes) and foliar application of humic and folric acid )and interaction between them on the growth and yield of Potato . This experiment included three levels of organic fertilizer ( poultry wastes ) at 0 , 5 , 10 Ton.ha-1 . First factors named F0 , F1 , F2 respectively , while the second factors of foliar application of organic acids ( humic and folvic acid ) named as S0 , S1 , S2 at 0 , 5 , 10 ml.L-1 respectively at a total of nine treatment in three application of a total experimental units of 27 . They experiment was carried out under RCBD , Potato tubers class Burren were planted on 16 / 1 / 2017 .At maturity , total percentage of proteins and starch of the total yield and tubers number at the end of season were measured. Data was statistically analyzed and means were compared according to least signification different test at 0.05 level of probability . Result show :- Organic fertilization ( poultry wastes ) F2 was supervisor as compared to F1and F0 in plant total tubers yield 28.70 Mg ha-1 , number of tubers 6.96 tuber plant-1 , total tuber dry weight percentage 28.70%.Organic fertilization of poultry wastes , treatment F2 was superior when compared to F1 and F0by giving the highest percentage of protein and starch tubers at 10.19% and 11.0 % respectively . Foliar application of organic acid ( humic and folivc ) have shown super iorvity in studied porameters of F2 treatment when compared to S1, S0 treatment where it caused a signification increase in total tubers yield , number of tubers , at highest values of means at 25.29 Mg ha-1 , 7.82 tuber . per 17.73 % of each respectively .Organic acids foliar application treatment S2 was superior to S1 , S0 by giving highest means of protein and starch percentage in tubers at 9.56 , 11.71% respectively . F2S2interaction treatment has given the highest values of studies parameter where they were 10.31 % , 12.43 % of protein and starch percentage in tubers respectively . 4. 30.73 M gm ha-1 of total yield of tubers , 8.83 tuber plant-1 .
- A.O.A.C. (1970) Official Methods Analysis 11th ed. Washington ,D.C. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. P.1015.
- Abdel-Baky, M. M. H.; A. A. Ahmed; M.A. El-Nemr and M.F .Zaki .(2010) Effect of potassium fertilizer and foliar zinc application on yield and quality of sweet potato. Research Journal of Agriculture and Biological Sciences 6(6):384-394.
- Abdul Rassoul, K.J., (2007) Evaluation influence of organic & mineral fertilization (N-K) on potassium status, release & uptake by potato plants productivity of tubers( Solanum tuberosum L.). D thesis. Soil & water science -College of Agriculture - University of Baghdad.
- Abo-Alreean, A.M. (2010) Organic Farming-characteristic in Human healthy. First, page 322.
- Abo-Dahiy, Y.M. and Alyonees M.A. (1988) Plant Nutration Index. University of Baghdad. Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- AL-Ajeel S.A. and AL-Hassnawy E.A.,(2011) The effect of spraying (LIQ HUMUS) on the of yield and some quality parameters to tubers Potato of the Two Cultivars (Aladin, Burren) . Kufa journal of Agriculture Sciences.V (3) (2):117-126.
- Al-Jubori,A.A.H., and Al-dabagh A.M.S.,(2011). Effect spraying humic acid of growth and yield tow cultivers patota. Dyala journal of Agriculture Sciences 3(2):712-721.
- AL-Sahaf, F.H.,(1989) Applied plant nutration. Dar Alhekma. Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. University of Baghdad.
- Al-Zehawi, S.M.A.,(2007). Effect of Manures and Mulching on growth, yield and quality of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.). M thesis. the College of Agriculture -University of Baghdad.
- Anonymous.(2010) Humic and fluvic acids:The black gold of agriculture? http//www. humintech.com /pdf / humic fluvic acids pdf (Accessdate:2008-2010).
- Atee, A. S., and F. H. AL-Sahaf.(2007) Potato production by organic farming: 1-role of organic fertilizer on soil physical properties and microorganism number. The Iraqi journal of agricultural sciences -38(4):36-51.
- Badawy, A.A. (2008) Effect of water stress and some conditioners on the productivity of peanut crop and water relation in sandy soil. Journal of Biological Chemistry and Environmental Sciences3(1):445-454.
- Chen, Y; and T. Aviad . (1990) Effect of humic substance on plant growth. selected reading. The American Society of Agronomy.161-186 .Madison .WI .
- Ezzat, A. S. U. M. Saif Eldeen and A. M. Abd El-Hameed.(2009) Effect of water quantity, antitranspirant and humic acid on growth, yield, nutrient content and water use efficiency of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) journal of Agriculture Sciences 34(12):11585-11603
- FAO.(2000) Fertilizers and Their use . 4th edition , Rome. Italy
- FAO.(2003) The State of Food Insecurity in the World. Food Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Viale delle Terme di.
- Havlin, J.L. ; J.D. Beaton; S.L. Tisdale ; W.L. Nelson. (2005) Soil fertility and fertilizers, An Introduction to Nutrient Management, 7th ed, Upper Saddle River New Jersey. USA. pp.515.
- Kandil , A . A ., A . N .Attia. , M . A .Badawi. , A . E. Sharief and W. A . E. Abido.(2011) Influence of Water Stress , Organic and Inorganic Fertilization on Quality Storability and Chemical Analysis of potato (Solanum tuberosum,L) .Biotechnology V9.N(2):164-169.
- Oggema, J. N., Kinyua, M. G., Ouma, J. P., & Owuoche, J. O. (2007) Agronomic performance of locally adapted sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas (L) Lam.) cultivars derived from tissue culture regenerated plants. African Journal of Biotechnology, 6(12).
- Oggema,J.N ,M. G. Kinyua ,J. P. Ouma and J. O. Owuoch . (2007) Agronomic performance of locally adapted sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas – L- Lam.) cultivars .derived from tissue culture,PP:1418-1425.
- Quadros, D. A.; M. C. Iung; S. R. Ferreiea; R. J. S. Freits .(2009) Chemical compostion of potato tubers for processing, grown in different levels and source of potassium. Food Science and Technology (Campinas) 29(2):316-323 .
- Saif El-Deen, U. M. ; A. S. Ezzat; and A. H. A. El-Morsy.(2011) Effect of phosphorus fertiltzer and application methods of humic acid on productivity and quality of potato. Journal Plant Production. 2(1):53-66.Egypt .
- Saleh, R.O.,(2000) Effect Adding Organic Fertilizer in productivity potato in Gypsum Soil. Tukret journal of Agriculture Sciences.V2. N2.
- Samson, G. and Visser, S. A. (1989) Surface- active effects of humic acids on potato cell membrance properties, Soil Biology and Biochemistry. 21:343-347.
- Soil survey staff .(2006) Keys to soil taxonomy. 10th ed.NCRS.USDA. Washingtons, USA.
- Xudan, X.(1986) The effect of foliar application of fulvic acid on water use nutrient uptake and yield in wheat. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research.37:343-350.
- Yildirim, E.; and A. Unay.(2011) Effect of different fertilizations on Liriomyza trifolii (Burgess) (Diptera: Agromyzidae) in tomoto .African Journal of Agricultural Research 6(17): 4104-4107.
- Article View: 79
- PDF Download: 277