Role of Mycorrhizal fungi in Reduction of Water Stress for Growth and yield of Mung bean (Vigna radiata L.)
Journal of Kerbala for Agricultural Sciences,
2018, Volume 5, Issue 5, Pages 138-151
AbstractA field experiment was conducted in the autumn season of 2017 in a field of Hindia on the Mungbean plant Vigna radiate L. a local cultivar to study the interaction effect of both the Mycorrhizal fungi (Glomus mosseae) Under levels of irrigation periods 5, 10,15 days.
The experiment was in the order of Split Plot with Randomized Complete Block Design with three replicates. Irrigation treatments were randomly distributed to the main plot, while the biological fertilization treatments were distributed on secondary plates. The experiment 5 treatments resulting from treatments (Chemical fertilization), (mycorrhizal inoculation) at three periods of irrigation which are irrigation every 5 , 10 , 15 days and three replicates. Results can be summarized as follows:
The irrigation treatment of irrigation every 5 days was superior in having the highest mean of plant height, leaf area, relative water content of leaves. Which were 49.32 cm, 601.20 cm2.Plant-1, % 73.55respectively. This treatment was also given achieved the highest values of yield and its components number of pods per plant, number of seeds pod per, seeds yield which were 28.70 pods.Plant-1, 8.50 seed.pod-1, 3.81 tons.ha-1 respectively.
The treatment of Bio-fertilizer mycorrhiza achieved superiority for all studied traits of plant height, leaf area, relative water content of leaves which were 54.87cm , 685.8cm2.plant-1,81.51%, respectively. The treatment was also shown superiority in all yield and its components number of pods per plant, number of seeds per pod , seeds yield. Amount ( 33.64 pods. Plant-1 , 8.42 seed .pod-1, 4.00 tan .ha-1) respectively, Which outperformed significantly on all Bio fertilizer transactions.
- Abbasi, M.K.; Majeed, A.; Sadiq, A.and Khan, S.R. (2008) Application of Bradyrhizobium japonicum and phosphorus fertilization improved growth, yield and nodulation of soybean in the sub-humid hilly region of Azad Jammu and Kashmir, Pakistan. Plant Production Science, 58: 368-376.
- Abbott, L. K. and Robson, A. D . (1977) Growth stimulation subterranean clover with VAN-mycorrhizas, Australian Journal of Agricultural Research, 28:639-649.
- Abdullah A. and Hassan, Noor. (2013) Isolation and identification of Vesicular Arubscular Mycorrhiza fungi from various plant hosts growing at various agricultural sites in Salah AL-din Governorate, Iraq.Agriculture college. University of Tikrit.1813.1662.
- Allahmoradi, P., Ghobadi, M., Taherabadi, S., & Taherabadi, S. (2011) Physiological aspects of mungbean (Vigna radiata L.) in response to drought stress. In International conference on food engineering and biotechnology, IPCBEE (Vol. 9, pp. 272-275).
- Alvarez, M. and Lamb, C. (1997) Oxidative burst-mediated defense responses in plant disease resistance. In: Scandalios JG (ed.). Oxidative stress and the molecular biology of antioxidant defenses. pp. 815-839 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Plainview.
- Anjum, S. A.; Xie, X. Y.;Wang, L. C.; Saleem, M. F.; Man, C. and Lei, W. (2011) Morphological, physiological and biochemical responses of plants to drought stress. African Journal of Agricultural Research, 6(9), 2026-2032.
- Asaduzzaman ; Karim , F. ; Ullah , J. and Hassanuzzaman , M. (2008) Response of mung bean (Vigna radiata L.) to nitrogen and irrigation management. American-Eurasian Journal of Scientific Research, 3(1):40-43.
- Ashraf, M.; Ali, S. and Hassan, I. (2002) Interaction of Rhizobium japonicum strains and soybean genotypes. Soil Science Society of Pakistan ,21: 49-54.
- El-Akabawy,M.A.(2000) Effect of some biofertilizers and farmyard manure on yield and nutrient uptake of Egyptian clover grown on lomy sand Egyptian Journal of Soil Science,.78(5).
- Gerakis, P and R. Carols. (1970) Controlling internal plant water balance through microclimate. Manipulation Agrochemical. 14: 441-452.
- Habibzadeh, Y. and M. Abedi. (2014) The effects of arbuscular micorrhizal fungi on morphological characteristics and grain yield of mungbean (Vigna radiata L.) plants under water deficit stress. peak journal of agricultural sciences,. Vol.2 (1), 9-14.
- Harley, J.L. (1969) The biology of mycorrhiza ,2nd (ed). Leanard Hill : 263.
- Kole , J. (2011) Wild crop relatives genomic and breeding resources legume crops and forages . Springer ., Heidelberg , Berlin : 321 P.
- Lalinia, A. A.; Hoseini, N. M.; Galostian, M.;Bahabadi, S. E. and Khameneh, M. M. (2012). Echophysiological impact of water stress on growth and development of mungbean. International journal of Agronomy and Plant Production, 3(12), 599-607.
- Lalita, B. and D.L.N. Rao (1985) Effect of Rhizobium inoculation on nodulation and yield of Green Gram in an alkali Journal of the Indian Society of Soil Science,.33:177 - 178.
- Mosse,B. (1977) Plant growth responses to VA mycorrhiza. Response stylosanthes and maize to inoculation in unsterile soils. New Phytol. 78 : 277-288.
- Nouri , A.; Etminan , A. ; Dasilva, J.A.T. and Mohammadi , R. (2011) Assessment of yield, yield related traits, Drought tolerance of durum wheat genotypes(Triticum turjidum var. durum Desf.) Australian Journal of Crop Science,: 5(11): 8-16.
- Shahid, M. Q.; Saleem, M. F.; Khan, H. Z. an Anjum, S. A. (2009) Performance of soybean (Glycine max L.) under different phosphorus levels and inoculation. Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 46(4), 237-241.
- Sobral, P.J.A; F.T, Garcia; A.M.Q.B, Habitante. and E.S, Monterrey – Quintero. (2004) Propriedades de Filmes comestiveis produzidos com Diferentes concentracoes de plastificantese e de proteinas do musculo de Tilapia – do –nilo, Pesquisa Agropecuaria Brasileira 39(3): 255-262.
- Tahir, M. M.; Abbasi, M. K.; Rahim, N.; Khaliq, A. and Kazmi, M. H. (2009) Effect of Rhizobium inoculation and NP fertilization on growth, yield and nodulation of soybean (Glycine max L.) in the sub-humid hilly region of Rawalakot Azad Jammu and Kashmir, Pakistan. African Journal of Biotechnology, 8(22), 6191-6200.
- Turner, N. (1981) Techniques and experimental approaches for the measurement of plant water status. Plant and Soil., 58: 339-366.
- Wang, M.; Zheng, Q.; Shen, Q. and Guo, S. (2013) The critical role of potassium in plant stress response. International journal of molecular sciences, 14(4), 7370-7390.
- Wang, M., Q. Zheng, Q. Shen and S. Guo. (2013) The Critical Role of Potassium in Plant Stress Response. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 14. 7370-7390.
- Article View: 7
- PDF Download: 7