First Record of Tripartiella rhombi Shtein , 1961 (Ciliophora: Trichodinidae) in Iraq from Gills of the Common Carp Cyprinus Carpio
Journal of Kerbala for Agricultural Sciences,
2018, Volume 5, Issue 5, Pages 38-42
AbstractThe examination of gills of the Cyprinus carpio Linnaeus, 1758 which were placid from Al-Graiat location on the Tigris river at Baghdad province during the period from July 2015 until the end of March 2016, caused recording of the ciliophoran Tripartiella rhombi Shtein, 1961for the first time in Iraq. The explanation and measurements of this parasite as well as its illustrations were given. With this record, two of Tripartiella species so far recorded from C. carpio as well as of all other Iraqi fishes.
- Asmat, G.S.M. (2014) Record of Trichodina gobii Raabe, 1959 (Ciliophora: Trichodinidae) from Dusky sleeper, Eleotris fuska (Forster,1801) (Perciformes: Eleotridae) in West Bangal, India. Bonneprani-Bangladish Wildife Bulletin, 7(2):1-6.
- Basson, L. and Van As, J.G. (2002)Trichodinid ectoparasites (Ciliophora: Peritrichia) of freshwater fishes of the family Anabantidae from the Okavango River and Delta (Botswana). Folia Parasitologica, 49: 169-181.
- Basson, L. and Van As, J.G. (2006)Trichodinidae and other ciliophorans (Phylum Ciliophora). In: Fish Diseases and Disorders, 2nd Edn, Vol. I, Protozoan and Metazoan Infections (ed. Woo, P.T.K.), CABI, Wallingford, UK: 154-182.
- Bykhovskaya-Pavlovskaya, I.E.; Gusev, A.V.; Dubinina, M.N.; Izyumova, N.A.; Smirnova, T.S.; Sokolovskaya, I.L.; Shtein, G.A.; Shul'man, S.S. and Epshtein, V.M. (1962) Key to parasites of freshwater fish of U.S.S.R. Akad. Nauk, S.S.S.R., Moscow, 727 pp. (In Russian).
- El-Tantawy, S.A.M and El-Sherbiny, H.A.E. (2010). Ectoparasitic trichodinians infecting catfish Clarias gariepinus inhabiting Nile Delta water of the river Nile, Dakahlia province, Egypt. Journal of American Science, 6 (9): 656-668.
- Eschmeyer, W.N.(ed.)(2017) Species by family/ subfamily in the Catalog of Fishes.http://research . calacademy. Org / research / ichthyology /Catalog / Species By Family. asp. (Updated 1 December. 2017).
- Hussain, H.T. (2005) Ectoparasitic infection of the common carp and silver carp fingerlings stocked under winter in Al-Shark Al-Awsat fish farm, Babylon province. M. Tech. Thesis, Al-Musayab Technic. Coll., Found. Technic. Educ.: 106pp. (In Arabic).
- Mhaisen, F.T. (2017) Index-catalogue of parasites and disease agents of fishes of Iraq. (Unpublished: email@example.com).
- Mitra, A.K.; Bandyopadhyay, P.K.; Gong, Y.; Goswami, M. and Bhowmik, B. (2013)Description of two new species of ectoparasitic Trichodina Ehrenberg, 1830 (Ciliophora: Trichodinidae) from freshwater fishes in the river of Ganges, India. Journal of Parasitic Diseases, 37 (1): 35-41.
- Shuaib, M.E. and Osman, H.A. (2015) Survey of internal protozoan parasites on freshwater fish Oreochromis niloticus in White Nile in Sudan. Direct Research Journal of Agriculture and Food Science, 3 (3): 62-69.
- Van As, J.G. and Basson, L. (1989) A further contribution to the taxonomy of the Trichodinidae (Ciliophora: Pertrichia) and a review of the taxonomic status of some fish ectoparasitic trichodinids. Systematic Parasitology, 14 (3): 157-179.
- Article View: 8
- PDF Download: 11