Response of the yield components and cultivation economics to Grow More Nutrition application on potato (Solanum Tuberosum L.)
Journal of Kerbala for Agricultural Sciences,
2019, Volume 6, Issue 1, Pages 56-61
AbstractThis field experiment was coducted to evaluate the response of potato yield to foliar application of Grow More Nutrition. It was carried out in the vegetable research farm at the Department of Horticulture, Agriculture Collage, University of Karbala, Iraq during spring season 2015-2016. The treatments were three concentrations of Grow More Nutrition (T1 0 mg L-1(control), T2 (25 mg L-1) and T3 (50 mg L-1) with three replication. The results showed that the application of T3 (50 mg L-1) had a sicnificant impact on number of tubers, tuber weight, yield per plant, total yield, net return and cost benefit ratio (8.67, 73.33, 0.64, 31.44 t ha-1, Din. 9408000 t.ha-1 And Din.3.969697 t ha-1, respectively.
- Ahmed, M. K., & Zeidan, M. S. (2001). Yield and quality of two peanut cultivars as affected by methods of potassium application. Egyptian Journal of Applied Science, 16(7), 114-126.
- Bari, M. S., Rabbani, M. G., Rahman, M. S., Islam, M. J., & Hoque, A. T. M. R. (2001). Effect of zinc, boron, sulphur and magnesium on the growth and yield of potato. Pak. J. Biol. Sci, 4(9), 1090-1093.
3. Chauhan .S.A, Patel N.B, Mehta D.R, Patel J.B., Zala. I.M. and Vaja A.D. (2017). Effect of plant growth regulators on seed yield and its parameters in tomato (solanum lycopersicon l.), int.j.Agr.Sci 9(8), 3906-3909.
4. Davies p.j. (1987). plants hormones and their role in plant growth and development .Martinus N ijhoff publ. Dordrecht, Netherlands
5. Ewais, Magda A, Dalia A. Sayed and Khali, A. A. (2010). Effect of application methods of potassium and some micronutrients on yield and quality of potato.J. Soil Sci. and Agric. Engin, 1 (3): 211 – 223 Fit, E-.
6. Grocholl J, Scheid L. (2002). Effect of sulfur on potato yield and quality. 15th Triennial Conf.
7. Haynes K.G, Yencho G.C, Clough M.E, Henninger MR and Sterrett S.B. (2012) Genetic variation for potato tuber micronutrient content and implications for biofortification of potatoes to reduce micronutrient malnutrition. Amer. J. Potato Res. 89, 192-198.
8. john L.H, james.D.B, Samuel.L.T and Werner, L.N.(2011). Soil Fertility and Fertilizers Book.
9. Kamil M. M, AL- Jobori and AL-Hadithy Saifedin, A. (2014). Response of Potato (Solanum Tuberosum L) to Foliar Application of Iron , Manganese, Copper and Zinc.J.Agric and crop Sci. Intl. J. Agri Crop Sci. 7 (7), 358-363
10. Khan.I, Zaman. M, M.J. Khan1, M. Iqbal1 and M.N Babar1 ( 2014 ). How to improve yield and quality of potatoes: effects of two rates of urea N, urease inhibitor and Cytozyme nutritional program j.Soil Sci.and plant Nutrition 14(2),268-276.
11. Klikocka, H. (2009). Influence of NPK fertilization enriched with S, Mg, and micronutrients contained in liquid fertilizer Insol 7 on potato tubers yield (Solanum tuberosum L.) and infestation of tubers with Streptomyces scabies and Rhizoctonia solani. Journal of Elementology, 14(2), 271-288.
12. Kumar P, Pandev S.K., Singh B.P., Singh S.V., Kumar D. ( 2007). Influence of Source and Time of Potassium Application on Potato Growth, Yield, Economics and Crisp Quality. Potato Res. 50,1–13.
13. Nizamuddin, M., ; Masud, M.,Khalid, F and Shahid.Z. (2003). Response of potato to various levels of NPK Asi.J.plant.Scie.2 (2):149-151.
14. Millaleo, R., Reyes-Diaz, M., Ivanov, A. G., Mora, M. L., and Alberdi, M. (2010).Manganese as essential and toxic element for plants: transport, accumulation and resistance mechanisms. Journal of Soil Science Plant Nutrition, 10(4), 470–481.
15. Porter, A. G, J. Sisson and V. Cingel. (2000).Potassium source and micronutrient effects on yield and quality. Maine grown processing potato.77:415.
16. Radwan, E. A. and A. A. Tawfik. (2004). Effect of sulphur, manganese and zinc on growth, yield and quality of potato (Salanum tuberosum L.). J. Agric. Sci. Mansoura Univ., 29 (3):1423-1431.
17. Saleh, Hammed M., (2010). Effect of foliar application of some micronutrient on grain yield of wheat ( Triticumaestium ) and some of its components. J. of Tikrit Univ. of Ag. Sci. 10(2): 129- 137.
18. Taiz L, Zeiger E.(2002). Plant physiology. Third edition. Sinauer Associates. http://3e.plantphys.net/
19. Yassen H. AL-Ninevehrkan M. A. sedeeq .(2011).potato production costs calculation for mechanization by different areas in Nineveh governorate, of Mosul Univrsity of Agrculture.
- Article View: 37
- PDF Download: 0