Determination of quality compounds in Some of Iraqi honey types
Journal of Kerbala for Agricultural Sciences,
2019, Volume 6, Issue 1, Pages 56-61
AbstractThis study was conducted on different types of honey brought Collected From Basrah, Maysan, Najaf, Karbala, Babylon, Wasit, Baghdad, Diyala, Kirkuk and Sulaymaniyah Included : The quality-related compounds of honeys samples were Determinate within the permissible limits Including consisit of proline, diastase, hydroxylmethyl furfural (HMF); and vitamin C. honey content of proline the highest value was 687.34 mg kg-1 in Karbala region and the lowest value in Najaf region 295.34 mg kg-1, And diastase number the highest was 14.36 unit In Basrah region and the lowest diastase number in Babylon region 8.67 unit ,The hydroxymethyl furfal was the highest value in Babylon region 41.54 mg kg-1 while the lowest value in Basrah and Baghdad honey 12.35 Mg kg-1 each, the highest value of vitamin C 350.23 mg kg-1 in Najaf region and the lowest value in Maysan region 190.54 mg kg-1
- 1. A.O.A.C.(2012) Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Official Methods of Analysis Chemists 19th ed.. Arlington, USA.
- 2. Al Rouh,Y.(2012)Investigation of Stability and Purity of Syrian Honey by Determining Hydroxy Methyl Furfural and Proline Concentrations.M. Sc.Thesis.University of Aleppo, analytical and food chemistry.
- 3. Alimentarius, C. (2001) Codex standard 12. Revised Codex Standard for Honey, Standards and Standard Methods, 11, 1-7.
- 4. Asumallick, L. and Rohrer, J. (2016) Determination of Hydroxymethylfurfural in Honey and Biomass. Application Note 270 Thermo Fisher Scientific, Sunnyvale, CA, USA Inc. www.thermofisher.com/dionex.
- 5. Bhargava H.R and Mothilal,M.(2014) A Comparative Study on the Chemical Composition Chemical Characterization and Floral Studies of Raw and Processed Honey Samples of Apis Species .World Applied Sciences Journal.32 (2): 302-308.
- 6. Bogdanov S.; Martin P.(2002) Honey authenticity: a review. Mitt. Lebensm. Hyg. 93, 232–254.
- 7. Bogdanov, S., Ruoff, K., and Oddo, L. P. (2004) Physico-chemical methods for the characterisation of unifloral honeys: a review. Apidologie, 35 (Suppl. 1), S4-S17.
- 8. Bundit, T., Anothai, T., Pattaramart, P., Roongpet, T., and Chuleeporn, S. (2016) Comparison of Antioxidant Contents of Thai Honeys to Manuka Honey. Malaysian Journal of Nutrition, 22(3).
- 9. Fallico, B., Arena, E., Verzera, A., and Zappalà, M. (2006) The European Food Legislation and its impact on honey sector. Accreditation and Quality Assurance, 11(1-2), 49-54.
- 10. Fallico, B., Zappala, M., Arena, E., and Verzera, A. (2004) Effects of conditioning on HMF content in unifloral honeys. Food Chemistry, 85(2), 305-313.
- 11. Ferreira, I.C.F.R.; Aires, E.; Barreira, J.C.M. and Estevinho, L.M.(2009) Antioxidant activity of portuguese honey samples: Different contributions of the entire honey and phenolic extract. Food. Chem., (114): 1438–1443.
- 12. Gerónimo, J. Di. and Fritz, R.(2001) Proline In Argentine Honeys . Int. Apic. Congr.,28 Oct –1Nov 2001,Durban, South Africa. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 13. Janiszewska, K., Aniołowska, M., and Nowakowski, P. (2012) Free amino acids content of honeys from Poland. Polish journal of food and nutrition sciences, 62(2), 85-89.
- 14. Kesić, A., Mazalović, M., Crnkić, A., Ćatović, B., Hadžidedic, Š., and Dragošević, G. (2009) The influence of L-ascorbic acid content on total antioxidant activity of bee-honey. European Journal of Scientific Research, EuroJournals Publishing, 95-101.
- 15. Khan, K. A., Al-Ghamdi, A. A., and Ansari, M. J. (2016) The characterization of blossom honeys from two provinces of Pakistan. Italian Journal of Food Science, 28(4), 625-638.
- 16. Küçük, M., Kolaylı, S., Karaoğlu, Ş., Ulusoy, E., Baltacı, C., and Candan, F. (2007) Biological activities and chemical composition of three honeys of different types from Anatolia. Food Chemistry, 100(2), 526-534.
17. Oddo, L. P., Piro, R., Bruneau, É., Guyot-Declerck, C., Ivanov, T., Piskulová, J., ... and Von der Ohe, W. (2004) Main European unifloral honeys: descriptive sheets. Apidologie, 35(Suppl. 1), S38-S81.
- 18. Qamer, S.; Ehsan, M.; Nadeem ,S. and Shakoori, A-R.(2007) Free Amino Acids Content of Pakistani Unifloral Honey Produced by Apis mellifera. Pakistan J. Zool., 39(2): 99-102.
- 19. Ullah, S., Hussain, A., Ali, J., Ullah, K. A., and Ullah, A. (2012) A simple and rapid HPLC method for analysis of vitamin-C in local packed juices of Pakistan. Middle East J Sci Res, 12, 1085e91.
- 20. Wen, Y. Q., Zhang, J., Li, Y., Chen, L., Zhao, W., Zhou, J., and Jin, Y. (2017) Characterization of Chinese unifloral honeys based on proline and phenolic content as markers of botanical origin, using multivariate analysis . Molecules, 22(5), 735.
- Article View: 150
- PDF Download: 15